Solved!

Re: Song radio is now just a playlist?

KCOLL19
Casual Listener

wow nice work!  I never would have discovered this!  lol  

Jman781
Casual Listener

I’m not seeing this hack working on my phone app. I use my phone 99% of the time. Please help me if I’m simply not seeing the ability to create stations with like/dislike ability. 

I generally like the songs Spotify suggests, but I liked the ability to narrowly tailor playlists instead of Spotify suggesting the same songs no matter what artist or song I choose to make a playlist from. 

This is is one of the most annoying changes they’ve made. It’s pretentious for them to think they know what I like more than I do!

Kerngehirn
Casual Listener

There's a far more easier "hack", than putting a song in a playlist.

Just search for that song and start it from search. After that song is played, it will start playing song radio. The old style. 

You'll find that song radio afterwards in "recently played"  

Jman781
Casual Listener

Nice to know! So the ability is still there, but they’ve eliminated a more direct approach to accessing the feature. Odd. 

Hopefully, they’ll fix this so I can play stations off albums, playlists, and artists without playing all their songs first. 

Beth_h
Casual Listener

@wavyap_ wrote:

Hello,

Although song and artists radios look like playlists you cannot edit them. 

If you are looking for more songs like those you can make your own playlist then Spotify will create a playlist similar to it. 

Hope this answers your question.

Please accept as a solution

Note: I am not a Spotify employee.

That is in no way a solution. 

andreasabe

You are a life saver! Just drag it to radio! AMAZING

MediaKing
Casual Listener

When a platform hides (kills) a high demand feature like this, and replaces it with a misleading (naming playlists Radio??) and terrible experience (no like / customization) - you can bet there's self interest ($$$) behind it. Smells a commercial model where artists/labels pay more to have their songs promoted through Spotify-curated "Radio Stations" (Playlists). If they totally kill the actual radio feature, they'll see a mass exodous - likely already happening with this terrible user experience. /me sad-panda.

Koyama_Ichisake
Casual Listener

The radio is a playlist you cannot edit, however as you progress along the radio and listen to songs, for every song you listen to it is exchanged for a new song.  It's shown as a playlist so that you know the queue of what's going to play.

Fred
Community Legend

Thank you for sharing this!

Tried it on different radio-seeds, artists, songs, playlists, it all works if you drag them to the radio menu. 

It is weird that all the info in the support pages relates to the old behaviour. They used to be quite quick in changing faulty info...

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

cieloRtomic

Genius!! Thanks, I was a frustrated with the playlist/radio, just wanted my thumb-down back! ;)

SUGGESTED POSTS