Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song unavailable in your country, but I have listened to it for weeks

Solved!

Song unavailable in your country, but I have listened to it for weeks

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy s9+

Operating System

Windows 10/android

My Question or Issue

The song "Space" by 637godwin and sonny the vampyr got disabled because "The song is not available in your country". This is strange because I have been listening to it for weeks. My phone and desktop dont give an error message, only after I press Share song -> embed song, it tells me the error. Is there a way that I can listen to it again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jhzre,

Thanks for the info.

We've checked this backstage and it looks like the song Space by Sonny the vampyr is currently not available in the Netherlands. 

This could be due to licensing or the request of the record label, or artist. Unfortunately, this is something that Spotify doesn't have control over as it is up to the individual music companies. 

Our content team does their best to make as much content as possible available for streaming, so something that's not on Spotify now might become reintroduced soon.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Jhzre

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you able to listen to the song on all your devices until you want to share it? Additionally, we'd like to know if that's the only song you're having issues with or other ones as well. 

Also, would you mind sending us the song's URI? To get it, just follow these steps. 

Lastly, let us know in which country your account is registered in. You can see this info on your Account's page

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

I was able to listen to the song on all my devices untill one day the song was grayed out. At first I don't see an error message, only when I press Share > Embed Track, do I get the error "Not available in your country". 

The Spotify URl is: spotify:track:0uxP7YQBaZ0zlM4YH6QEgp

Country Registered: The Netherlands

Error.PNG
Marked as solution

Hey @Jhzre,

Thanks for the info.

We've checked this backstage and it looks like the song Space by Sonny the vampyr is currently not available in the Netherlands. 

This could be due to licensing or the request of the record label, or artist. Unfortunately, this is something that Spotify doesn't have control over as it is up to the individual music companies. 

Our content team does their best to make as much content as possible available for streaming, so something that's not on Spotify now might become reintroduced soon.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts