Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"I don't like [Artist Name]" not working on Release Radar

"I don't like [Artist Name]" not working on Release Radar

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I use the automatically generated playlist Release Radar. When the playlist includes a track you don't like there is an option to choose "I don't like [Artist Name]" and when clicked, I'm told "Got it. From now on when won't put [Artist Name] in your Release Radar."  

But it's not working! Artist reappear again, often the very next week, and it's driving me mad. This has happened with multiple artists, over multiple weeks.

Any advice would be appreciated.

8 Replies

I didn't see that thing work!

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

The more you listen, the better recommendations you'll get in the Made for you playlists. In this article, you can check how frequently they get updated. 

We also suggest that you select the songs that you don't like and choose the "Hide this song" option. Likewise, you can Like the songs you do like by clicking on the heart icon. This will help the playlist to be updated so it can include more personalized results. 

On another note, if you don't want to listen to an artist, you can head over to their Artist page and on the 3-dotted menu choose the "Don't play this" option. Currently, this option is only available on mobile, but once selected it will be applied across all platforms. Note that if the artist is featured in a song/ album from another artist it might still be playable.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Well this doesn't address my post at all and is entirely useless. Please read posts before replying to them, thank you.

You're absolutely right, well the answer the mod gave doesn't change the fact that that button still does not work. I want a REAL answer.

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies.

What is happening is that the "Don't Play This/ Hide this song" feature works on the current Release Radar. This means that with the new creation of a Release Radar, these settings will reset and it's possible that the artist will get suggested again. And that's why we recommend blocking the artists from their profile if you don't wish to have them played in any of your playlists.

Once again, we thank you for this feedback which helps us continue working on building better recommendations.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Then why are we given the message "Got it. From now on we won't put [Artist Name] in your Release Radar." ?

What you're saying may well be true (though it seems a particularly bad bit of design) but it flatly contradicts what the Spotify app on Windows 10 says will happen.

1. Well, maybe i want that artist played on my own playlists but not on for you playlists, what am i gonna do?

"And that's why we recommend blocking the artists from their profile if you don't wish to have them played in any of your playlists."

That feature doesn't work either within the release radar and discover weekly lists, and cannot be accessed from the desktop client at all - only on android.
Please pass this message along to the software engineers, this is equally as big a problem as the like dislike button being missing from the discover weekly and release radars - even though it doesn't even do anything. Is there no Q&A section of the development team, or does that get delegated to here where np actions are done for years about these issues?

Suggested posts