Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs I’ve listened to before now added to multiple public playlists.

Songs I’ve listened to before now added to multiple public playlists.

This is my first month of really using and listening to Spotify (Premium) daily, but I’ve noticed that a song I’ve listened to when it appeared in the “What’s New”, now gets added to every single public playlist I listen to, even though it’s completely unrelated to those playlists… Is this normal?
3 Replies

Hey @LizardKuwīfu,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

In order for us to fully understand what is going on on your end, do you mind posting links to the mentioned playlists and telling us the name of the song?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

These are two playlists I remember hearing the song (which doesn't really suit the playlists) but there were more.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1sDUV75FdWsjf2uIdooCzz?si=873510f0b66447f2
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2n5JJJkFQMlmdYOsopsd8n?si=11e9835147d444fc

The song in particular is called HELEN KELLER FREESTYLE (there are more songs but this is one I keep noticing in all playlists). I listened to it 9 days ago when it appeared in the "What's New" section and since then I see it in multiple public playlists that I'm not the creator/owner of. I'm completely new to Spotify so I don't know whether this is normal or not. 

Thanks in advance! 

Screenshot_58.png

Hey @LizardKuwīfu,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the clarification.

The tracks that you listen to in the "What's new" section, will not be added to a playlist unless you manually do so. However, if the track was recently released, it could be that the owner of the playlists is adding it manually to the track list of different playlists. Remember that the playlist owner can add, remove, or edit any tracks within a playlist. 

If you know the user who creates these playlists, you can ask them directly about those songs being added to several playlists.

Lastly, in case that the song keeps being added to random playlists, but created by you, it could be related to someone accessing your account with no authorization. In that case, we'd recommend protecting your account with the process of this article

Hope this helps, if anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts