Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs Stop working and skip automatically

Songs Stop working and skip automatically

I am having an issue where many songs I have saved on playlists (Songs that worked fine a week or so ago) will no longer play.  Wehn they come up on shuffle, the screen displays the name of the song for a second, then skips it.  When I try to play one of the skipped songs specifically by clicking on it, I am told that the song is not available, and I can import it.  

Is this due to Spotify losing rights to certain albums?  How can I fix this if I dont own the songs locally?  An example is the album City of Evil (Non-PA Version) by Avenged Sevenfold.  Song songs on the album still work fine, but songs like Burn it Down, or Blinded in Chains are unavailable.  I am hoping that this is a tech issue, becasue spotify premium is way more convienient to use that iTunes, but I might go back if this is an ongoing, persistent problem.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do to resolve this,

Thanks!

1 Reply

Hey @baden188,

Try a clean reinstall:

Log out of Spotify and then close the program.

Uninstall

Browse to the cache. The default location should be C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage and delete everything inside the folder.

Delete the folder C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<random numbers-user>\ There is a folder for each profile that has been logged into Spotify on that computer account.

Reinstall.

Hopefully that'll fix it.

If not, please post in this thread. It's there where this issue is being looked into.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts