Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs not found on Spotify

Songs not found on Spotify

Tangerine Dream - "Loved By The Sun" is a vocal version of "Unicorn Theme" song with lyrics written and sung by Jon Anderson of the band Yes. The vocals were added after Tangerine Dream had composed the instrumental music for the movie "Legend" starring Tom Cruise. A live instrumental version is here on Spotify but not the actual track that either they made or the version that became more popular that Jon Anderson sang on. Please upload this song! 

83 Replies

Hey,

n the copyright jungle, music rights are often divided among many different right holders in different geographical territories.

Also artist or record label can chose where song, album or maybe full artist catalogue is available.

Unfortunately there are some artists who have opted not to be a part of Spotify or any other streaming aervice at this point in time. Some frequently requested artists that are not in Spotify include Metallica, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin.

I get that part. thanks! Although I doubt some of the tracks I'm referring to that aren't in spotify have anything to do w/not wanting to

be on here, because if all their other songs are on here but 1 is missing then something wasn't made available or uploaded. 

As for Metallica, who cares about them, I'm so sick of hearing about their feelings in regards to the industry and keeping their music away from sites like these. I'm glad who wants to hear their whiny late 80's heavy metal anyway, lol. Stay away Metallica there are plenty of other artists out there who want to be heard rather than being so prententios. 

The Spotify catalog varies from country to country. In one country maybe less songs and in other more.

The main reason why some big albums are unavailable, even if oldest albums are available, is that record labels believe that if album is unavailable for a while, Spotify user go and buy it. Personally, I do not think so. If the album has not been released in Spotify, I'm looking for another album to listen.

And personally I do not like to listen playlists. I do not want listen my music like in radio. Now in Spotify I listen a lot albums.

And often I just use a manual search like "genre:euro-dance" and click on some songs. Then I listen shuffled search view.

So to me this is not a problem if Rammstein or Adele's new album isn't available in Spotify. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you like listening to albums in Spotify, we've created a free web app that lets you do that at http://www.spotiorg.com You can search the spotify catalogue and add albums in to your collection. Albums are displayed in a beautiful cover art interface. There are a number of different sorting options and you just click an album cover to have it play in Spotify. It might be the sort of thing you're looking for?

Nice service!

But I use my own innovation (maybe not so new...) http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Do-awesome-album-collection-in-Spotify-Pictures/td-p...

Works! ;D

Hey, that's a nice work around. We've added some extra sorting options as well, so you can sort your albums by the most recently added, or the ones you listen to the most, as well as the standard A-Z by Album or Artist name.

It's free to use and web based as well, so works across PCs, Tablets and Smartphones. If you decide you want to give us a try we'd love to have you join us. Sounds like you really love your music! www.spotiorg.com

Could you put the street spirit remix of funkagenda?

i love this song... i cant find it on spotify...:(((

This Picture -Placebo. Please add it ๐Ÿ™‚

Is there any way to check out WHEN new albums will be released on spotify?

For example "Flying Lotus: Until The Quiet Comes"

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Flying-Lotus-Until-The-Quiet-Comes/td-p/181872

Lindsey Stirling has made original songs can they please be added?

There on a cd called Lindsey Sitrling.

Some numbers are Moontrance and Crystallize

*dont dream your life, live your dreams*

@Wendy-Kuppens wrote:

Lindsey Stirling has made original songs can they please be added?

There on a cd called Lindsey Sitrling.

Some numbers are Moontrance and Crystallize

Hey! ๐Ÿ˜„ 

I would suggest you have a read at this post relating to music addtion requests. 

Spotify upload any content they receive from the rights holders, so anything that is missing is not normally down to them.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

๐Ÿ˜ž  I can't find the album Mercenary that Bolt Thrower made,  all of thir albums ecept Mercenary.... why?

Hey! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚

Any content that is missing is normally down to the record label or rights holders with holding those tracks from Spotify, sometimes to push up physical and download sales. 

Spotify upload all music which is made available to them for our enjoyment! I would suggest you have a read at the missing content FAQ as it will probably answer most of your questions!

Peter

Peter

I would love it if Spotify would add "No Mermaid" by Sinead Lohan ๐Ÿ™‚

I seriously would like to get some ACDC on spotify, and a bit more of Cherri bomb if possible :). 

Hey guys ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Have a read at this post about music addition requests. Unfortunately, some bands such as AC/DC and Led Zeppelin to name a few have chosen not to be part of Spotify. 

Peter

Peter

Bands like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC are deciding not to take advantage of the many new roots and limbs of the royalty tree.  And to their detriment imo.  As for LZ - I actually find the tribute bands and other LZ tunes on Spotify refreshing, creative, and - well, better, than the the stodgy old heard-a-million-times renditions.  So, rock on LZ and ACDC - I got you on my ipod which I hardly use anymore - Spotify and it's future iterations and offspring are the new frontier in music availability.  Pink Floyd came around - so to will LZ and AC, and any other dinosaurs out there. 

I would like to get "Mad World" by Gary Jules on spotify. 
Well, in fact, I need it ๐Ÿ™‚

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xahThSfgTQ0

Why is Crank It Like a Chainsaw by Family Force 5 not on Spotify? This is one of their best songs ever!! I hope you guys will put it up. Thanks

Suggested posts