Songs suddenly becoming unavailable

Songs suddenly becoming unavailable

TheRisenLord
Casual Listener
I was listening to the Pearl Jam album Lightning Bolt, which has always worked and even worked this morning, and then I disconnected from wifi and all but two songs were unavailable. I cannot retrieve access to the songs. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting wifi, reinstalling the app, signing in and out. The weird part is that it stopped working on my iPhone, and then worked on my iPad for an additional 2 hours and now it's unavailable there too. It's disappeared literally right before my eyes. It also says it's available when I google it. I would love some help because this is a recurring problem and reslly annoying. I can't imagine why they would make the album unavailable after 3 years.
24 Replies

Re: Songs suddenly becoming unavailable

ash_ouzo

The same thing happened to me! I would love help with this too I don't understand why it would be taken off

ChadMac81
Casual Listener

This makes no sense to me. I was just listening last night. 

TheRisenLord
Casual Listener

Thats weird. Even when I go to Pearl Jam's artist page it doesn't display the album. The newest album is the one from 2009. Could you possibly take a screenshot of the available Lightning Bolt album? Maybe it's just a few specific account errors. @ChadMac81

ChadMac81
Casual Listener
My apologies. To clear things up, I was just listening yesterday, but now it's gone. I can't think of a reason why they would remove this album exclusively.

pablogoldbarg
Casual Listener

Same here. The whole album disappeared, right a day after PJ played at Fenway...

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there folks!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community.

That's odd. Could you fire over a link to the album's Spotify URI?

Also, just to be sure, are you getting any error messages, or just no longer seeing the album in search? 

We'll take a closer look, and see what we can suggest :)

Thanks.

Re: Songs suddenly becoming unavailable - Status changed to: Need more info

Community Manager
Community Manager

pablogoldbarg
Casual Listener

The full album just disappeared from the search. 

MaryC1
Spotify Legend

Hey guys, thanks for your quick responses!

In this case, could you let us know the country where you're currently located? Also, is this the album you're looking for: https://open.spotify.com/album/7t9f6jrmK6K7CDpVKyTaAk? If you can't open it, please send us a screenshot of the error message you receive. That would be super helpful.

We'll keep an eye over here.

SUGGESTED POSTS