Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spammer users adding songs to my list

Solved!

Spammer users adding songs to my list

Hi Community,

I have a public playlist for shared with my gf and since months ago there are someone creating new users and adding me songs from Pekusone every month or less. This is a spam for increasing the reproductions!! I have blocked some users but they are creating more and more and more... how can I handle this situation? I cannot report this users because there is only option for the profile image.

I'm paying the premium subscrition since years, and I don't want to change to other platforms to listen music, but this situation is annoying me, so much that I'm thinking to change to another one.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Alex

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, it looks like the playlist is collaborative. The way it works is if anyone has your playlists' link then they can join as collaborators and add or remove songs, change details, etc. The way to avoid it, for now, is to tap the 3 dots in the playlist and tap Remove From Profile which will remove the playlist from your profile. This will hide the playlist from being visible to everyone and then only those who have the link will be able to join. Let us know how it goes. From what I have understood, they see the playlist in your profile and then join.

Throw a like my way or mark this as a solution if I helped. ‌😊

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, it looks like the playlist is collaborative. The way it works is if anyone has your playlists' link then they can join as collaborators and add or remove songs, change details, etc. The way to avoid it, for now, is to tap the 3 dots in the playlist and tap Remove From Profile which will remove the playlist from your profile. This will hide the playlist from being visible to everyone and then only those who have the link will be able to join. Let us know how it goes. From what I have understood, they see the playlist in your profile and then join.

Throw a like my way or mark this as a solution if I helped. ‌😊

AmayySpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I would recommend to create a new one, but remove it from your profile as the dude on top said. Then make it collaborative. 

After that, just share the link with your gf.

I have the same problem and the playlist is, and has always been, private i.e. not shown on anyone's profiles. There seems to be some kind of security flaw that is allowing the spambots to discover the link to the playlist. It's also Pesukone, and it's particularly annoying that there's no ability to report the profiles for spam.

there is also discussion about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/qmtvqe/collaborative_playlist_troublesplease_read/

it's kind of shocking that spotify is just allowing this to keep happening.

Hey @lokonji,

Thanks for posting here.

We are working on adding more features for controlling the playlists privacy as well as the permissions.

We'd recommend that you click on the three dot menu and turn on the Make private option in order to make the playlist private. That way you can remove the collaborators. 

After that you can share the URI of the playlist with the people, who you want to become collaborators.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts