Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify changed song's tags

Spotify changed song's tags

So I've just added Logic's first mixtape to a playlist on Spotify, and there's a song called "The Dream". The tags on all the other song are fine, but on this one, Spotify switched the tags to a song called "Mercy Dream" by "the Logic". Album cover and everything. Any idea how to fix this and stop it from happening?

3 Replies

Hey @pecsenka49! Thanks for your report!

That's not cool! Could you send over the track URI of the track you're having issues with? Also, could you attach a screenshot of what's happening? I'd love to take a closer look.

Thanks! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the help!

Okay, so I found it happening with 5 songs, actually:

As I mentioned, "The Dream" by "Logic" what changes to "Mercy Dream" by "the Logic" (23guNLR356msiV4S8vWNn1), "One" doesn't change name, only the artist changes to "Logic?" and the album it seems (0Q2rpzTT3a9yeiuQMTWrIU), "The End" changes to "End Game" by "Logic?" as well (10vSKzupb9nM8PckgNvdC1), and the same kind of thing happens to "925" (6DQWtOd381rL1YGs7WlcX3), and "All I Do" (6XNSabsVl9imvY1pzSxz93) too.

So when I click play on these, the correct songs play, but all the tags like artist, album and everything are wrong. I double checked in a tag editor, the tags seem fine. 

Another issue I encountered is happening with the 5 albums as a whole. There's nothing wrong with tags or the songs apart from the 5 I mentioned above, but I either can't go to the actual albums, or I can but all the songs are greyed out and can't play them from the album. 3 out of the 5 albums I can't even see as an album, if I click the album name it just takes me to Local Files. The other 2 takes me to the whole album but everything is greyed out. I don't know if this is another glitch, or it's only because I imported the albums.

Everything I wrote above happens on Windows and on the Android app as well. I included a couple of screenshots so you can better understand what I'm talking about, I know it's a little messy.

Thanks in advance! 🙂a (6).JPGa (7).JPGa (8).JPGa (1).JPGa (2).JPGa (3).JPGa (4).JPGa (5).JPG

Hey @pecsenka49! Thanks for letting me know!

So just to make sure, Spotify isn't matching your Local Files to the right tracks, even though the ID3 tags are correct? If so, could you try to move your Local Files to a new folder and add the new folder as a source for Local Files? That might help here. 

Thanks, keep me posted! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts