Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify only plays "recommended songs", none of what I already liked

Spotify only plays "recommended songs", none of what I already liked

I'll choose one song in my liked song playlist, which is the playlist I use most often. For example, I'll select "golden hour", it plays through, and I expect it to choose another random track off my liked songs. It doesn't. It'll just play a song that sounds kind of like "golden hour" like I selected "golden hour" radio or something. It's not a great listening experience.
3 Replies

I'm experiencing the same issue. No matter where I play songs from (my liked songs, a playlist of mine, somewhere in Browse), spotify does not play the next song in the list, in my liked songs, in a playlist, etc., it suddenly always suggests a totally unrelated song that may not even be anything I've ever liked.... WHY??

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

In this case, it's possible that you already have some songs in the queue ready to start playing. So, we'd recommend you check if there's something in the queue to play next. If so, you can hit the Clear queue button to see if you notice any difference or remove the songs you don't want to listen to. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one? We'd also like to know if this happens when the Shuffle is turned on. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It o longer happens. I think some sort of update fixed it.

Suggested posts