Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

These lyrics aren't time-synced, yet

These lyrics aren't time-synced, yet

I recently added and time synced my lyrics in Musixmatch and see now they appear in Spotify (smart phone app version), but Spotify is showing this message at the top of the lyric:

"These lyrics aren't time-synced, yet"

Is there a delay between the lyrics appearing and then the time-sync beginning to work?  Right now they are just static and you have to scroll through the lyric manually.  Here is an example:

https://open.spotify.com/track/5z1QwiLMkBczFmsM92zIHv?si=77388436b8b64f71

14 Replies

Hey @Kent_Forward, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

All lyrics on Spotify are handled and provided by Musixmatch. If you'd like to synchronize some of your favorite tracks' lyrics, feel free to check out this article on how to do that.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J, thanks for the article link. I got everything submitted previously via those steps, including syncing to time. Though the lyrics have appeared on Spotify now for a few weeks, looks like the time sync still isn't working with that message I mentioned above them.  However, I went to Musixmatch again tonight and it prompted me to "verify" my lyrics with a "sync pending" status.  I did so once again (verifying the sync I'd already done and submitted, and submitting once again).  Fingers crossed the lyrics will start scrolling in time with the song soon (maybe a bit of a delay I imagine).  Glad the lyrics are at least there on Spotify.  We'll see how it goes.

Thanks!

Kent

Hi Kent, is your issue resolved.  I have something similar happening to me.

Hey @ScottakaPops,

Thanks for reaching about this in the Community.

Just to confirm, is this happening with every song you listen to?

Changing tunes, let us know if you've already followed the steps shared by @Billy-J (keep in mind that these changes may take some time to be reflected).

We'll be looking for your reply.

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Sorry for the massive delay in responding! Time sync magically began working on my songs, but a few days later they stopped again and haven’t started again. Time sync does work for some other artists I listen to. Seems pretty random!

Hi Kent. Did you ever get to the bottom of why the lyrics don't sync? I've done the same as you did recently and my lyrics are not in time sync despite completing that task in Musixmatch.

Thanks,

Chris.

I'm in the same boat too. Lyrics were synced on Musixmatch but do not replay synced on Spotify mobile app. I have repeated the steps a few times with the same results. I throw may hands up in the air and act like I just don't care at this point. 

Same for me, as well.  Some lyrics sync, some don't.  Some tracks maintain sync.  Some either stop syncing altogether (with that same message many of you have received in Spotify), or lag behind in sync where the timing was formerly perfect.  Frustrating for sure, but I guess I should be pleased the lyrics are there at all? 😐

I want to know if the process Spotify provided works for other songs that aren't specifically yours. There's a lot of songs I know (both English and Japanese) that have lyrics, yet aren't synced.

Same. It only has this problem with my lyrics though from my personal songs. Works fine for others. So there does seem to be a delay here

My lyrics did begin syncing and automatically scrolling finally - I wish I knew why and could provide an answer for others.  The last thing I did was go to Musixmatch and "verify" my lyrics with a "sync pending" status.  Eventually the lyrics were synced and scrolling.  So hope it begins working for you all soon as well!  Could just be a long delay?

I had the same issue. The fix is easy though. Go to the sync section of your song and scroll down all the way to the bottom where the last line says "end of lyrics". Just click on it and it will say "END", then click 'Send' button again and you're done.

when im listeting to spotify on my computer (not the app, on the web), the lyrics go ahead of the rhythm of the song, which doesnt happen on my cell. i cant really understand why because it started to happen on my last computer like 3 or 4 months ago, and it didnt change in my new computer

I have this problem too. These songs Un coup sur mon cœur and Pour que tu reviennes by Marc Dupré didn't time sync the lyrics.

Screenshot_20240407-194803_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20240407-195127_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts