Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Third Parties Makeing False Copyright Claims

Solved!

Third Parties Makeing False Copyright Claims

Hey can anyone help me! I'm having issues with a third party making a false copyright claim on my music. They do not have any rights in the sound recording and only making false claims out of spite. Spotify has taken my album down, this is extremely sad and frustrating. How do you counter claim and get your music back up? I can really use some help, Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @WillJames1,

thanks for reaching out !

As this is a copyright/artist profile issue, please contact Spotify for Artists support team through this contact page.

Their are the correct Spotify factor to answer questions with such nature.

Bear in mind that due to the current Covid-19 situation, it might take them a bit more time to respond.

Thanks for your patience.

Good luck 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @WillJames1,

thanks for reaching out !

As this is a copyright/artist profile issue, please contact Spotify for Artists support team through this contact page.

Their are the correct Spotify factor to answer questions with such nature.

Bear in mind that due to the current Covid-19 situation, it might take them a bit more time to respond.

Thanks for your patience.

Good luck 🙂

Hello OneBoyBoo 
Unfortunately your solution is useless after writing to the Spotify for Artists team you get this answer "

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

We’ve taken a look backstage, and it seems your single was made unavailable as a result of a copyright claim.

Your label or distributor should’ve received notice from our Content team, which includes the name and email address of the claimant.

The claimant will have received an email from our Content team. If you’ve resolved the dispute with the claimant, just ask them to reply to that email to withdraw their claim and confirm the outcome of the dispute.

Your label or distributor will be able to answer any further questions you have.

" If you then contact your distributor, as with most artists for example Distrokid they say they are powerless and you should please contact Spotify directly. This situation results in a perpetual loop of emails that will never fix the problem and make life difficult for independent artists like me. Today a song of mine was wrongly removed from Spotify for copyright reasons shortly after another artist wrote to me on Instagram that he had my song taken down and he is aware that I can do nothing about it except convince him to release the song again this has given him the power to blackmail me over all my earnings of the song even though I own all rights to the song. What Spotify is doing here is opening up a market for criminals and supporting scammers as opposed to up and coming artists. I really hope Spotify changes this in the future and gives innocent artists the opportunity to prove that in many cases it is a scam instead of taking their music down and putting it in the power of the scammers.

You are right

Today one of my songs got removed from Spotify which I was unaware of after getting in touch with Spotify artist support they said to me that We’ve taken a look backstage, and it seems your single was made unavailable as a result of a copyright claim. But I don't know how because I have released that song a month ago and now is telling me that you don't own the song that is pretty annoying and they told me to get some support from your distributor I don't know what result is going to come out lets see hope for a positive outcome 

Suggested posts