Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Two main artists on a song

Solved!

Two main artists on a song

Hi!

I'm not sure which category to put this or if I can explain it well enough but let's try.

If there's a song with to artists, does the amount of time you listen the song or other analytics, go to both artists or just one?

For example if I listen to a certain song with two "main artist" (as they are labeled on spotify) to the point that they both should be my top 2 in spotify wrapped, will it be just the other one or both?

Hopefully someone got the hang of what I'm trying to ask!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @11n4,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

To answer your questions: the stream is counted for both artists. If the 2 artists are listed on the track, then all the streams from that song will be counted for both artists the same way.

If they're top artists in your wrapped, both of them should show up. If a song lists 2 main artists, then streams for it will contribute to both artists' profiles. The 2 artists should be eligible as your top artists.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @11n4,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

To answer your questions: the stream is counted for both artists. If the 2 artists are listed on the track, then all the streams from that song will be counted for both artists the same way.

If they're top artists in your wrapped, both of them should show up. If a song lists 2 main artists, then streams for it will contribute to both artists' profiles. The 2 artists should be eligible as your top artists.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts