Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Very Misleading Playlist Title

Solved!

Very Misleading Playlist Title

A good friend of mine is learning to speak Spanish.  Part of her learning is taking part in audio books via Spotify while she's driving.  Today, she found a playlist that sounded like it would build her vocabulary for items and situations in the home and in her garden.  

This is the link: Learn in Your Car: Home & Garden, Spanish

Upon first glance, it would appear that she was about to learn about the names of things around her home and in her garden.  Upon listening to the tracks, though, the majority of them have to do with employment of Spanish-speaking garden workers, how to ask for immigration information, and the like.  While this is important to be able to do, the title of the track nowhere near implies that this is what you'll be learning.  Furthermore, while I can appreciate the communication barrier between speakers of different languages, to imply that the only Spanish you need to know in your home or garden is how to instruct your Spanish-speaking hired help is rather offensive.  This track either needs to be retitled, or completely re-thought in terms of cultural and racial sensitivity.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@TeachingThomas

Hello:

Content is provided to the Spotify service as is meaning Spotify does not control the over all titles given to the content. What I can do is pass this along your feedback to the Spotify mods, so they in turn can pass along the feedback to the content teams so they can use the proper methods of contact of the content provider to deal with this issue. Thank You!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

@TeachingThomas

Hello:

Content is provided to the Spotify service as is meaning Spotify does not control the over all titles given to the content. What I can do is pass this along your feedback to the Spotify mods, so they in turn can pass along the feedback to the content teams so they can use the proper methods of contact of the content provider to deal with this issue. Thank You!

Thank you, JayLB. I appreciate the quick response and actions taken.

Suggested posts