Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

What happened to collaborative playlists?

What happened to collaborative playlists?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

You used to be able to tap/click on "Make Collaborative" to make a playlist freely collaborative but now you can only invite people. Why? Is this only me? Man, Spotify keeps removing old features.

3 Replies

Hi there @jkim545,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We'll be happy to shed some light to this.

You're right, it has changes so this is not only you that have this experience. You need to go to the three dot menu at the top of a playlist, and will then get the option to 'Invite Collaborators'. You can read more about how it works here

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Why is the link to invite collaborators only valid for 24 hours? Why not make it customizable with no time limit so that the users who liked the previous version of "free for all" collaborative playlists can use it?

I am a disgruntled Spotify user. I only use Spotify because there is no good alternative for Android. I understand you're just a moderator, but these "polite" answers just frustrate me more.

Beyond this downgraded feature which seems to have replaced true Collaborative playlists, with designated Public playlists, I also don't understand why this assignment seems to be device-based, rather than user-based.  i.e. Logging into another device [from the one with which the link was received] will, after 'hearting' the list, now show-up for play - but not for adding.  It seems only the original device can be used to add songs, unless the link is also clicked via the additional devices... Am I wrong?  

I expect this is in response to hacker-bots flooding lists - but it still feels like a patch rather than a solution to a widely used feature.

Suggested posts