Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Where is the feature that created curated playlist that changes genres?

Where is the feature that created curated playlist that changes genres?

There was a Spotify feature that created a curated playlist that changes genres every two hours based on your personal listening habits. I got it a few months ago by clicking a link from a friend. However a few days ago the playlist disappeared from my playlist. This was my favorite Spotify feature. Where did it go and how can I get it back?
6 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out.

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t (or vice versa), or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period. 

The feature you've described was a test to look at ways to create new personalized experiences and interactions for our users. As with any of our tests, we always seek feedback before rolling out any changes more broadly, so any thoughts or impressions would be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You had briefly released a playlist that changed every few hours based on the kind of music you listened to at different times of day and on different days of the week. I found so much music this way and found it to be much more useful that my discover weekly. Not sure why the playlist was taken down, im sure people would use it more if it had been more widely advertised!

Hey @Bobapeluda,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this feature!

We've forwarded them to the relevant team.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why was the api that made playlists based off of what music you listen to at that time of day removed? This was my absolute favorite feature of Spotify and the best way to discover new music. A lot of users loved this feature and are upset at its removal. Please fix this!!

I found this feature through a reddit post. I also enjoyed it and found cool music through it. What was the purpose of deleting it? Was it a drain on Spotify's resources? It's not like you actually had to do anything to keep it up, right?

BRING THIS BACK!

Suggested posts