Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why is it that some of my albums have songs missing

Why is it that some of my albums have songs missing

Some of my albums have songs on them that you can' listen to 

5 Replies

Hey @Leehague01

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify likely does not have permission from the artist / record label for those song to be available.

Unavailable music is always a mystery but when it's unavailable it's because the artist or music label has not given it the green light to be on Spotify. Albums are released in full so if just one song is not given the green light then it will show on the album but it will not be playable.

You can make it so that unavailable songs will still be shown in your playlists/albums so you can keep track of them, but they will be greyed out and unplayable. Make sure to go in settings and check for the setting that shows unavailable songs.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The songs in question were once available & listened to frequently.

Why am I paying £9.99 a month to have only half the album in question.

Starting to think it is no longer worth the price. 

Cunts.

Yeah spotify is bleeding more money than they can borrow and paying literally nothing to the artists. and yes 0.0033 is nothing literally.  losing customers and making deals with podcasters that they won’t be able to pay soon and have to dump on their asses.    Typical “corporation” 

There are some albums that look on my end to be just missing the songs. 

Examples - The Album "The Altogether" by Orbital is missing the B Sides CD from the USA version.

Song "Still Grey" by Pendulum is missing from the "Hold your Colour" album.

Well, I'm a  sad the that the the original Billy Thorpe (I know, a bit obscure), "Children of the Sun" and the 2nd installment of his space opera "1991" isn't available.  Thank (your favorite deity) that I down loaded them to digital via Roxio years ago.  I was  convinced by hundreds of people that this website had anything and everything before I joined it.  Spotify, I'm sure that Billy Thorpe would be amenable to make a few nickels off of his space opera songs.  If neither you nor Billy Thorpe have them digitized, I can download somewhere for everyone to enjoy.  I even digitized his next album "Stimulation" which I also enjoy, but was disappointed because it wasn't the third and final installment of his space opera.

Suggested posts