Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why isn't Taylor Swift on Spotify???

Why isn't Taylor Swift on Spotify???

Why isn't Taylor Swift on Spotify and when will she be back on Spotify???

2 Replies

Hey @Babybeautystar

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

However, please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

Thanks! 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!

What's a
Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@Babybeautystar

Taylor Swift left because she wasn't satisfied with Spotify's service. More exactly that both free and premium users can access the music library with same rights: "It's my opinion that music should not be free, and my prediction is that individual artists and their labels will someday decide what an album's price point is.”

It's likely that her music will someday return as Universal Music Group and Spotify had apparently signed an agreement that allows only Premium users to listen to the new releases of Universal Music Group artists for the first two weeks after releasing.

Long story short: Spotify is very happy to receive and upload all music they get, but artists have the control over what music they'll give to Spotify and how.

Hopefully that helped.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts