Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why there’s no option to report/block an artist who only has podcasts?

Why there’s no option to report/block an artist who only has podcasts?

Hi,

I am a long term listener using Spotify. I want to know about the reason why “Shows for music lovers” keep popping up everytime I open Spotify. Two things - 1) I don’t listen to podcasts at all and also not planning to in the near future 2) The highlighted artist is an “ex-member” of the band I love. 

That person left the group with “not so” good reasons and left a mental scar to almost all the fans. I personally get very triggered even if I hear his name. Imagine looking at his face pop up with every time I open the app. I am near scared to open a music app and but also can’t change anything about it. I already reached support where they told its “not possible” to report an artist who only has a podcast station.

So I can’t block an artist who literally give me panic attack just because they do only Podcasts? Can’t Spotify atleast ask the artist preference or an artist you would like to avoid in any of the recommendations?

4116B926-49AF-435F-AE51-88A7654B7866.jpeg

1 Reply

Hey @MusicLover1794 

Good idea! You should post it in the Idea Submissions forum and it may be considered for future versions of the app.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts