Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Wrong Songs For Some Italian Artist

Wrong Songs For Some Italian Artist

I'm an italian user,

when i search for some italian artist like Laura Pausini or Eros Ramazzotti, etc. 

Spotify show me not the main italian songs, but spanish traslation of the songs! Why thi strange meaning?!

Some one know how to solve this probem?

THKS!

9 Replies

Hi @Makemsis, welcome to the Spotify Community!

The songs you're looking for might not be available. If you tell me the song or album names I can double check for you 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The problem is related on some artist that are Italian but have made songs also in spanish language. But the artist is ITALIAN... please see the attached image. 

The result for artis "Laura Pausini" are ALL in spanish WhatsApp Image 2017-02-04 at 15.12.27.jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-02-04 at 15.12.28.jpeg

Ok, if you scroll down the screen you'll see the option "See all albuns"or something like that in Italian. Then you'll be able to browse are her available discography, including the first one from 1993 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

It happens that the spanish versions are currently the most played ones... It looks like Laura has a lot of latin fans!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Sorry but I don't agree this...the artist is Italian, I'm Italian ad I'm in Italy! I want play ITALIAN song of the artist... I think this is a big bug.
The problem still also for other artis like "Eros ramazzotti" or "nek" and others. In Italy we are not able to play a radio station from one of this artist (that are really big ad famous artist) earing the Italian (ORIGINAL) song... sorry but this make me crazy!

This is one radio...in Italy, Italian artis...almost all result are Spanish! Very good work Spotify! Bah
IMG_2186.PNG
IMG_2189.PNG
IMG_2191.PNG

Well @Makemsis, you shouldn't complain with Spotify about this. Laura Pausini releases albuns in Spanish since 1994. In 2015 she released "Simili" and at the same time "Similares" only with spanish versions. In 2013 she released "20 Grandes Exitos" cleary for the latin public. Is absolutely expected that if you play her Radio in Spotify you'll have Spanish artists as well as Italian ones. If you dislike the ones who are not Italian, just click on "thumbs down" every time they come up.

The same happens with Eros Ramazzotti and Nek, although they has released fewer Spanish versions (like Eros Romántico - 2012, and Nuevas Direcciones, 2009). Their radios show then fewer Spanish versions.

But let me give you a suggestion. Why don't you follow Spotify Italia? It has several great Italian-only artists playlists!

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotifyitalia

Let me know what you think about it 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 14.24.02.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 14.34.29.jpg

Same for me, I like to hear the Italian version and Spotify plays the Spanish one. Also they replaced some Italian versions with the Spanish in my own playlists. Really dislike

Nothing happend and there ist still no option to change this behavior? Please give us an option to choose which versions of an artist we prefer. But I have no hope. Last six years nothing happend. Perhaps does other services handle these cases in a different manner.

Suggested posts