Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

i can’t play a podcast episode even though i’m able to find it by searching

i can’t play a podcast episode even though i’m able to find it by searching

i’m trying to listen to the most recent episode of a podcast called “that aged well” which is about the movie “midnight cowboy.” it doesn’t show up on their page but i’m able to see the episode displayed when i search in the name of the podcast and the name of the movie together. the thing is, when i press on the episode to start playing it, it sends me to a screen that says “an error occurred”
3 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We've tried playing the podcast and haven't encountered any issues on our end. This suggests that there might be an issue which is specific to your account. Do you mind creating a new account and trying to play this episode to see if you can recreate the issue there? 

On another note, could you let us know if you're experiencing this across the platforms? In order to test that, open our Web Player and try playing this episode there. 

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

thank you for your support! 

i was able to play the podcast episode without any issue by opening spotify online without entering my account. i encountered the same issue once i logged into my account online though. it would seem that the issue then is with my account but i can’t imagine what it would be.

i have two screenshots showing the episode available (without logging into my account) and one without it (logged into my account).

83B67F08-E7BF-4D82-AD9B-3E355535D5D8.png

316464C9-B00F-41CE-A778-E33F9576289C.png

Hey @beepbeep2,

Thanks for your reply and the screenshot you kindly sent us.

In this case, can you check if this is happening on a different mobile device?  It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

On another note, when this happened, were you trying to listen to the podcast through a Bluetooth device such as earphones? It'll help us a lot if you share with us the exact Spotify version you have installed.

Finally, Is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet red you're using?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts