Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

local content and DRM

local content and DRM

Hi !

I seen some songs I heard on YT but they aren't available in my country (France) but I would like to continue to listen to it. I read it's possible to add some local content to spotifiy (Windowsà, add to a playlist, then download it on my mobile. OK, so for the local content, I found it on various website (iCloud, Amazon). But before to buy, I've a question. These songs are probably fully of DRM, aren't they ? Can I acces at these files as easyly as "doggo.jpg" ? are they compatible with Spotify despite of DRM ?

I think not, cause these DRM are managed by other companies than Spotify, so... Here's an other question. Where can buy song without DRM (as GOG for video game) and with a major part of the remuneration for the artist ? I say NO to the 70/30 repartition on steam, but I don't know the uses in the music world.

1 Reply

Hey there @RoNoR,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

You can indeed add files that aren't hosted by Spotify to the app in the form of Local Files. To do so, you just need to follow the steps you'll find in this article.

Even though some other file types might work, these are the ones that the feature is designed to work with:

• .mp3
  • .m4p (unless it contains video)
  • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)
  • .m4a (unless it’s an Apple lossless file; ALAC or ALE)

You need to make sure that the files aren't DRM protected. If you have iTunes, you can check for DRM protected tracks by following these steps.

For more info about it, we recommend reaching out to the provider/source of the file.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts