Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

lost music

lost music

Why is it that several albums from artist I have saved just dissapeared?

If you've lost the liscencing for these albums and are not getting them back then I say good bye to you as a customer. If I cannot listen to one of my favorite bands I WILL NOT pay, bring back the streetlight manifesto catalog or I am GONE!!

6 Replies

Hey @Carbondalio

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

The songs/albums will still be shown in your playlists so you can keep track of them, but they will be greyed out and unplayable. Make sure to go in settings and check for the setting that shows unavailable songs.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Carbondalio

Sorry for the confusion, but this community forum is user to user support. This is not the official spot for support. I am just a Spotify user that volunteers time to answer posts. You should not think of Spotify badly because of the way I have replied. I am sorry if my post came across with the wrong tone.

Spotify tries really hard to get music available on their service, but in the end the availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label. If the artist wants their music removed, it has to be removed.

MattSudaSpotify Star

After sending my prevous reply I did realize that you do not work for spotify, however the fact they have that type of support and no clear way of contacting actual employees again solidifies my grievence of how impersonal responses are. I apologize to you for not being as respectful as I should have been, you are simply voluteering to help other users and I commend you for it. I am just having a hard time coming to terms with the fact thata service i have loved so much for so long has dropped the ball so hard. It is not just the one band mentioned earlier but several others, the one mentioned was just the catalyst for me making the change TO spotify, and if they no longer offer the music that I love, I have no use for their app.

follow up; how does one go about contacting actual support, not the community veriety?

@Carbondalio

In this support article they have listed the ways including a contact form link:

https://support.spotify.com/article/how-can-i-contact-spotify/

You can also tweet or DM @SpotifyCares on Twitter or send a message to Spotify Cares on Facebook.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts