Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

my "favorites" are all messed up!

Solved!

my "favorites" are all messed up!

I am a music and dance teacher and use Spotify at work almost everyday for multiple classes. This has caused my feed to be a really strange mix. I listen to alternative rock, electronic, and pop at home, but my most frequently played songs are unfortunately from KidzBop and some crazy stuff for work. Is there a way to separate out work and personal use so that Spotify can "find" songs that I want to listen to when I'm at home?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @msmusicteach 

The easiest way to separate work-music from your personal tastes would be having two Spotify accounts. You could use Family Premium offer to save a little on costs, and your family members could also benefit from that subscription. 🙂

If you don't want to have 2 accounts, then my advice would be using Private Session whenever you're at work. In this way Discover Weekly won't get affected by the content you're playing in class. However, Daily Mixes do get affected both ways.

Hope this helps, have a lovely day! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @msmusicteach 

The easiest way to separate work-music from your personal tastes would be having two Spotify accounts. You could use Family Premium offer to save a little on costs, and your family members could also benefit from that subscription. 🙂

If you don't want to have 2 accounts, then my advice would be using Private Session whenever you're at work. In this way Discover Weekly won't get affected by the content you're playing in class. However, Daily Mixes do get affected both ways.

Hope this helps, have a lovely day! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts