Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

old spotify desktop

old spotify desktop

Hello. I heard you can provide a exe of the old spotify desktop version? See this comment: "I contacted customer support and they sent me a link to download an old version (and I mean older than the one right before this disaster update: spotify_installer-1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9-88.exe). It was super easy and basic functionality is all there until this new version gets fixed. "

Where is this file? Please send to me. Thank you

3 Replies

Hey @saltdo, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Right now it's not possible to downgrade to older or previous versions of the Spotify app. If you have any feedback or something you'd like to see change about the new desktop experience, you can always add it to this thread. Spotify is closely monitoring this page so your feedback will be seen on that page will be seen. 

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well, that's not true is it? You can just download old versions at filehippo:

https://filehippo.com/download_spotify/

The question is can you still block Spotify from updating after you've reverted to the older version? You certainly used to be able to. I did years ago, but I don't know if the method still works. Haven't had to try it, you see.

Follow me

Hey @gareth8

Thanks for your post. 

As mentioned in my first reply, there is no way to officially download an older app version.

I'd only recommend downloading the Spotify version currently distributed through the official stores.

If you need anything else, I'll be right here!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts