Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

songs missing/removed from playlist(s)

songs missing/removed from playlist(s)

Plan

premium account

Country

USA

Devices

Samsung Galaxy s22 and Lenovo PC

Operating System

windows 11

My Question or Issue

has anyone else noticed that songs are disappearing from your playlist(s) without you removing them?  I was looking for songs that I was certain were on my playlist that i've been adding to for 3 months or so and not finding them, I kept thinking that I must have listed to them and then forgotten to save them but recently I'm certain that song's that I've been listening to on this playlist for weeks are disappearing.  the song's are still on spotify and I can add them to the playlist again and they show up for awhile.  it kinda sucks cause I was listening to a bunch of new songs that I had save to it but now that their gone I can't remember the titles or artists to look them up again, and what's really wird is sometimes the app tells me the playlist it 130 songs long and others it says 190, so it's it knows a bunch of songs are hidden but I didn't hide them and even on desktop i can't see them.  is this some new feature that removes a song if you skip it too many times??? and if so how do I turn it off? 

I'm kinda bummed now that I write it all out.  pls help?

spotify 129 songs.png
spotify 190.jpg
1 Reply

Hi there @ArranMcF,

Thanks for reaching out!

The following should force a resync of your playlists, feel free to give it a try:

• On your phone: Go to Settings -> Apps -> Spotify -> Storage -> Clear the app data and cache.
  • On desktop: Perform a clean reinstall of the app.

Note that you'll be logged out and your settings will be reset, so you'll have to adjust them again. If you had content downloaded for offline listening, you'll have to re-download it as well. Your library will not be affected, so no worries there.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts