Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

use a song from spotify in a school project?

Solved!

use a song from spotify in a school project?

Hey, I was wondering if I could use a songs from spotify in school projects, especially since i dont have them downloaded to my computer. Also, am I allowed to use keepvid music to download to my computer? it would be awesome to have spotify songs saved onto my computer. 

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mn127778

Sorry for the late reply.

Sorry to be a let down but Spotify is a music streaming service that allows you to listen to the music only within the app. This is to protect the copyright of the artist and the record labels. It is not a downloads service like iTunes. Using programs to download music from Spotify, YouTube, and other services is against the terms of use that the services have. Nobody will know, but it is still against the terms of use.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mn127778

Sorry for the late reply.

Sorry to be a let down but Spotify is a music streaming service that allows you to listen to the music only within the app. This is to protect the copyright of the artist and the record labels. It is not a downloads service like iTunes. Using programs to download music from Spotify, YouTube, and other services is against the terms of use that the services have. Nobody will know, but it is still against the terms of use.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you, I am disappointed but at least I can listen to the music.

Suggested posts