Lyrics feature unavailable

Solved!
106 people liked this

Lyrics feature unavailable

Edited
Community Manager
‎2016-05-30 08:06 AM
Hey Community!

Just a heads up that our Lyrics feature on desktop is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon. 

We can also confirm our partnership with Musixmatch is ending. It was a great partnership and there is mutual respect between both companies as our business strategies move us each in different directions.

iOS users can get lyrics and annotations on some tracks via our partnership with Genius. Check out the info here

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. Feel free to vote for this idea too. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
7 people liked this

Re: Lyrics feature unavailable

Gig Goer
‎2017-08-02 11:23 AM

Hey everyone, I'm Pierpaolo from Musixmatch and I just wanted to let you know about our new release for iOS that let you get the lyrics while playing from the Spotify app.

It now works both for Spotify Free and Premium users. Horray!

You can play from the Spotify app and simply open Musixmatch to get the lyrics, synced and translated in any language.

If you're looking for an even faster way to access lyrics, have a go with the new Lockscreen widget for Spotify.

Check it out from our blog post

https://blog.musixmatch.com/match-your-spotify-free-music-with-lyrics-in-musixmatch-9388935fc51b

Thanks,

Pier

10 people liked this

Music Lover
4 weeks ago

I guess Spotify just put 1000 monkeys in front of keyboards and are rolling their thumbs until they accidentally crank out a new lyrics feature. My question is if we can bring down the whole company on animal abuse charges.

953 Replies
974 people liked this

Garage Band
‎2016-05-30 01:55 PM
So, are you gonna improve the client and make it cleaner by removing the lyrics feature too (like you did with the notifications)?
I wonder if in a few months we will still have a play button...
393 people liked this

Garage Band
‎2016-05-30 03:28 PM

God, NO!

first notifications and now this?

Bring back both of them!

270 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2016-05-30 05:15 PM
are you serious?, musicxmatch is the larger lyrics provider so I hope you guys bring us the same amount of lyrics that they did.
30 people liked this

Garage Band
‎2016-05-30 06:16 PM

The only way to have lyrics on Spotify with Musixmatch is via the Musixmatch app and the Spotify app, only if you have Spotify premium, though.  That is, unless Spotify decides to pull out from Musixmatch permanently and void the use of Musixmatch. :|

328 people liked this

Edited
Garage Band
‎2016-05-31 12:37 AM

Well, Spotify should at least keep it while have no other option at the moment. When you simply remove a feature like that from the stable brand of your product, looks like you did not anticipated the partnership was about to end or something serious happened and the other company decided to remove it's content without warning.

Nevertheless the reason, for a company such as Spotify's, with millions of users using that function everyday, looks like Spotify simply do not care much about what users enjoy. Looks how many complains at Twitter and Facebook. Please, don't interrupt functions like this, without any kind of warning or when you don't have a replacement. 

65 people liked this

Edited
Music Fan
‎2016-05-31 08:42 AM

Well, it'd be awesome if you bring Genius as partner for lyrics. :D

*kudos in advance*

BTW, now you guys are making serious changes, you should think about making Spotify more social... if you know what i mean...

399 people liked this

Edited
Concert VIP
‎2016-05-31 10:34 AM

Just removing such a key feature with no warning or without a replacement ready does not show much respect of users.

73 people liked this

Edited
Concert VIP
‎2016-05-31 01:19 PM

@bitelaum Well, you know. A play button is useless. Who needs it?

509 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2016-05-31 03:33 PM

I am cancelling my subscription if Spotify doesn't bring back lyrics soon.

SUGGESTED POSTS