Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ALL SONGS PLAY TOO FAST

Solved!

ALL SONGS PLAY TOO FAST

All of my songs in my playlists and radio stations play too fast, as if  I am fast forwarding them. Sounds like its skipping but its just playing super fast, the count is going faster than real time. Help! It sucks buttholes!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem. Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 64bit. First I cleared the cache(/home/USER/.cache/spotify/storage), then I reinstalled. Still no improvement.

Then, after looking at my system sound settings, the system had no set output source. This is a known bug with Ubuntu that happens sometimes when you plug in or remove headphones. Try opening system settings and clicking your speakers in the list of outputs. Fixed it up fine for me.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I re-downloaded the app and it was okay

Marked as solution

I turned off my headphones and turned them back on and it worked

26 Replies

It seems like it could be a playback setting issue. I have tried restarting Spotify and restarting my computer. Nothing has worked so far.

Has ANYONE else had this problem?Robot Sad

Same this is happening to me. Like it's playing a 4x speed.

Hmm, very odd!

Couple of things you might want to try here -

* Head over to the Preferences menu and unchecking the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" option
* Trying a clean installation of Spotify on your computer.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks David, unchecking "Enable Hardware Acceleration" seemed to do it.

Although if I switch it back on the music still plays fine. So it could all be coincidence. Dunno.

I can't find "Enable Hardware Acceleration" on my MacBook Pro spotify installation.

same problem here. since i upgraded to premium, the songs play too fast (maybe +1 sec  in 10 seconds) 😞 tried your advice, nothing helped...

got it. 🙂 problem of my sound card... thx

Can someone please help me out?  I have a macbook pro and I'm experiencing the same problem.  Can't find the hardware acceleration part in preferences 😞 

Hardware Acceleration is a Windows only option, so your version will not have it. However, try turning off the following settings -

* Gapless Playback
* Crossfade Tracks
* Set the same volume for all tracks.
Airhorn Enthusiast

My spotify is experiencing the same problem.. 

It plays to fast, not much but a little, enough to make each sound a pitch higher, than normal.. This is only consistig with the use of spotify, everyother sound format and player, replays the song at the correct speed. Only spotify fails. 

I have disabled the hardware acceleration, as well as reinstalled spotify. Only to find that the problem have persisted.. 

It's driving me crazy. 

@Noesgaard wrote:

My spotify is experiencing the same problem.. 

It plays to fast, not much but a little, enough to make each sound a pitch higher, than normal.. This is only consistig with the use of spotify, everyother sound format and player, replays the song at the correct speed. Only spotify fails. 

I have disabled the hardware acceleration, as well as reinstalled spotify. Only to find that the problem have persisted.. 

It's driving me crazy. 

Are you playing local files or streaming from Spotify? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Sheesh... they're only trying to give you more music!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

The issue persist regardless of location of data.. I.e. the streamed songs are slower than normal, as well are the local stored files, which include downloaded songs for offline use..

I'm pretty sure I just experienced the same problem, or I need less coffee. Samual L. Jackson sounded like a 15-year old boy in Black Snake Moan unlike yesterday when I watched the movie. Not cool. After listening to several tracks that all sounded too "bright" I decided to restart Spotify. Suddenly it didn't sound like he was clutching his private parts and the song was good again.

Client version:

snake.png

I have done both and it has not worked ;-;

Marked as solution

I had the same problem. Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 64bit. First I cleared the cache(/home/USER/.cache/spotify/storage), then I reinstalled. Still no improvement.

Then, after looking at my system sound settings, the system had no set output source. This is a known bug with Ubuntu that happens sometimes when you plug in or remove headphones. Try opening system settings and clicking your speakers in the list of outputs. Fixed it up fine for me.

Marked as solution

I re-downloaded the app and it was okay

Same problem. The songs are playing too fast but this is on my iPhone 6+ S. Any advice? I've tried turning off and on different sound settings but to no resolve.
Marked as solution

I turned off my headphones and turned them back on and it worked

Suggested posts