Spotify plan: Premium
Environment - Laptop computer - Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
Starting this week ( ISO Standard ww20 of 2020 ), the Desktop Spotify client has logged me out. I could not log in back again, either by re-installing the client with the Ubuntu's snap utility or using the apt sources repository listed in https://www.spotify.com/es/download/linux/.
Steps I've tried to make it run again:
- I have deleted the cache and config directories on every installation of the new client.
- I have changed my password (email-based account), being able to use the web client (on Firefox), the Android client, and the Windows client (on a different computer).
- I've tried a solution mentioned to use Chrome (Chromium 80.0.3987.87). Interesingly, unable to log in.
First edited message (2020-ww21):
- Added a Screenshot to the still existing problem. The username was taken out after the attempt to log in (just for the sake of taking the screenshot).
Second edited message (2020-ww21):
- Problem still present with snap version: 18.104.22.1681.gbe11e53b-15
- Problem still present in apt's version: 22.214.171.1246.ge08ef575-19
- Not being able to log in with Chromium but with Firefox in the same system makes me think in a "Chrome-based-embedded web component" in the latest clients.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Probably I ran into a combination of factors from both, client and some sort of policy upgrade.
I just changed my password twice (Trice including the one that I've tried las week). My two previous passwords consist of a large string with symbols and alphanumeric characters.
1. I have logged out of all my active devices.
2. Change the password twice using the web interface.
2.1 First with alphanumeric only
2.2 Second time with alphanumeric + symbols
3. Log in to all of my clients
I tried with three clients that I was unable to log in before: snap, apt repository and chromium. All of them working correctly.