Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cursor issues on snap client

Cursor issues on snap client

I'm running Solus (Budgie DE) with DPI scaling set to 2.0. My cursor theme is breeze-cursor.

In the Spotify snap client, when I move my mouse into to the application window, the cursor theme is different than the system one, and the scaling is wrong.

Is there any workaround? It looks like from this snapcraft.io bug report comment that they suggest the application packagers fix this.

NB: I already modified the snapd .desktop file to add the --force-device-scale-factor switch as suggested here. The UI is scaled appropriately, but the cursor is not (and also the theme doesn't match the system).

$ lsb_release -a
LSB Version:	1.4
Distributor ID:	Solus
Description:	Solus
Release:	4.0
Codename:	fortitude
$ uname -a
Linux localhost 4.9.191-138.lts #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Sep 7 07:57:59 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

spotify  1.1.10.546.ge08ef575-19  36    stable    spotify✓    -

2 Replies

Too bad, I am looking at Spotify to replace Google Play Music, but the Linux desktop support is much better on the other side, I must say. There's an electron app (gpmdp) that has worked flawlessly for me. Snap evidently has some issues and I can't use the deb package on my distro.

I see the same problem on Ubuntu 19.10 with the official Snap. Would be great to see this fixed!

Suggested posts