Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Internet works everywhere else, but Spotify just appears offline

Solved!

Internet works everywhere else, but Spotify just appears offline

Linux 18

Sometimes spotify just tells me I'm not connected, and nothing plays. It says "offline" yet here I am writing a complaint, because my Internet works just fine

Tried closing it and opening it again, no fix. Please stop outsourcing your programming to third world countries, it can't be that hard to program**bleep** to detect the internet connection automatically

Screenshot_20181231_163706.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @agente_naranja.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Spotify for Linux is a labor of love from our engineers that wanted to listen to Spotify on their Linux development machines. They work on it in their spare time and it is currently not a platform that we actively support.

We will move this topic to the Linux section as you'll be able to find more help there. Try a reinstallation in the meantime as this can mix most issues with the app.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi @agente_naranja I would recomend uninstalling and reinstalling the spotify app on your device (or refreshing the webplayer) and see if that works. If it doesnt work you can click on the link below to try to troubleshoot your problem/ report the bug to Spotify

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Reporting-a-bug-How-does-this-work/idi-p/908157

You can also contact Spotify throught there form by clicking on the link below. 

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Hopefully this helps!:) 

Marked as solution

Hey @agente_naranja.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Spotify for Linux is a labor of love from our engineers that wanted to listen to Spotify on their Linux development machines. They work on it in their spare time and it is currently not a platform that we actively support.

We will move this topic to the Linux section as you'll be able to find more help there. Try a reinstallation in the meantime as this can mix most issues with the app.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts