Premium

Country

France

Device

PC

Operating System

Linux Manjaro-latest

My Question or Issue

I can’t launch the Spotify-launcher, when doing it in the terminal, I get the following error:

[2023-01-18T09:34:17Z INFO  spotify_launcher::config] Loading configuration file at "/etc/spotify-launcher.conf"
[2023-01-18T09:34:17Z INFO  spotify_launcher::apt] Downloading release file...
[2023-01-18T09:34:18Z INFO  spotify_launcher::apt] Downloading signature...
[2023-01-18T09:34:18Z INFO  spotify_launcher::apt] Verifying pgp signature...
Missing key E27409F51D1B66337F2D2F417A3A762FAFD4A51F, which is needed to verify signature.
Error: Verification of pgp signature didn't succeed

Is there a command to fix that kind of error? The app was functioning normally just yesterday.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

spotify-launcher seems to be a rust crate, not built by Spotify, that tries to give a nice user experience for installing and starting Spotify, while dealing with the problem that you are not allowed to re-distribute Spotify executables.

It tries to mimic the verification of pgp signed debian repository, but did not gracefully handle that the key was just changed. https://github.com/kpcyrd/spotify-launcher/issues/18

It seems like spotify-launcher was just updated to 0.4.2 to fix that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

spotify-launcher seems to be a rust crate, not built by Spotify, that tries to give a nice user experience for installing and starting Spotify, while dealing with the problem that you are not allowed to re-distribute Spotify executables.

It tries to mimic the verification of pgp signed debian repository, but did not gracefully handle that the key was just changed. https://github.com/kpcyrd/spotify-launcher/issues/18

It seems like spotify-launcher was just updated to 0.4.2 to fix that.

Suggested posts