Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ 4k display

Operating System

Ubuntu 18.04LTS

My Question or Issue

When running Spotify with the mentioned configuration, the application runs extremely slow and the UI takes a long time to update. I imagine this is related to the high resolution/hiDPI display my laptop has. When I maximize the Spotify application, the slowness completely disappears. If the window is not maximized, the slowness returns.

4 Replies

Hi there @Aglass0fmilk 

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello Marc! I've been struggling with this problem also. It's been nearly one week.

First of all, I use linux 5.0.2.arch1-1 as OS and Spotify version 1.0.98.78.gb45d2a6b.

When I start Spotify and play music play button doesn't change nearly 5 five minutes. It also does't work when I try to pause music. Briefly, the GUI for player gets is action with nearly 5 minutes of delay.

When I try to stop music which plays on my PC from my phone It works as should be. All the problem is with the desktop app. 

It also keeps playing nearly 10 secs when I close app.

I reinstalled Spotify, updated my OS, checked if there are running multiple instances but didn't work. 

Hey @kamer 

Could you try signing out of Spotify everywhere, clearing your cache & cookies as well to see if this does the trick.

Could you also confirm whether you are attempting to use a VPN or ad-blocker that may be slowing/denying the connection.

Other little bits to consider- Any connection issues with your wifi? Is the speed ok? Also given this is linux, is the allocated RAM enough for the operating system to function i.e. is spotify slow and sluggish?

I cleared all caches and cookies and log out from all apps.

I don't use any kind of VPN or adblocker.

My internet connection is not so fast but it's enough to play any kind of media. (7 mbps approximately.)

I don't have any problem related to RAM.

Suggested posts