Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Linux crashes with some musics

Solved!

Spotify Linux crashes with some musics

Hi.

I use spotify Linux (Spotify version 1.0.38.171.g5e1cd7b2, Copyright (c) 2016, Spotify Ltd) without problems, until I wanted to play this song : spotify:track:4I2yMKwkVNPbJ9SfNNycG1

The player crashes with this message :

10:06:03.183 D [gaia_manager.cpp:1937           ] GAIA: GaiaManager::becomeActiveDevice, isActiveDevice=false
10:06:03.183 D [gaia_manager.cpp:995            ] GAIA:   current state ID updated to 7612557
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I have the same behaviour with every other files in this album (https://play.spotify.com/album/4Cjk7WTdpJjVqEOrkGS1JW)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well, that was the problem.

But I checked before, and I do have libavcodec54 installed.

I removed everything from my local library, and it works now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

algatchan wrote:

I use spotify Linux (Spotify version 1.0.38.171.g5e1cd7b2, Copyright (c) 2016, Spotify Ltd) without problems, until I wanted to play this song : spotify:track:4I2yMKwkVNPbJ9SfNNycG1

Please check if you have added that track as a local file. When you add local files to Spotify, it will try to match them against the entire catalog and if finds a match it will play your file instead of streaming it from spotify's servers. Spotify 1.0.38 (and older) has a bug, where it will crash when trying to play local files if you don't have libavcodec54 or libavcodec53 installed. If it is not that, then you have discovered a new linux crash bug.

Marked as solution

Well, that was the problem.

But I checked before, and I do have libavcodec54 installed.

I removed everything from my local library, and it works now.

Suggested posts