Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play specific songs

Solved!

Unable to play specific songs

I am unable to play some songs, see the attached screen.

I am a premium user and I already removed cache and restarted thy system. 

Tried to change the cache locatin as well.

Client version:

$ spotify --version
Spotify version 1.0.69.336.g7edcc575, Copyright (c) 2017, Spotify Ltd

So far none of the solutions was working out.

Example song: https://open.spotify.com/track/2XSMwqZKr6FnsRtN1wc9Ck

It is not working as well in my browser. Is there any country restriction or as a premium user do I have restrictions?

Screenshot from 2018-01-05 11-00-25.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It seems like that not all pf the content is available even for premium users, answer from the support:

We've taken a look backstage and we’d love to have those songs you've provided through URI and all the world's music available on Spotify - and hopefully one day we will! But some artists and tracks are not currently available (or are available in one country and not in another). 

Reasons for this vary: Sometimes agreements are ongoing or can’t be reached with an artist, label, or content provider, or ownership of a track, album, video, or podcast may change hands such that it’s removed from Spotify.

Thousands of minutes of content are being added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find something you’re looking for now, it may appear (or reappear) soon!

We hope this clears things up and we'll be here if you need further assistance. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

It seems like that not all pf the content is available even for premium users, answer from the support:

We've taken a look backstage and we’d love to have those songs you've provided through URI and all the world's music available on Spotify - and hopefully one day we will! But some artists and tracks are not currently available (or are available in one country and not in another). 

Reasons for this vary: Sometimes agreements are ongoing or can’t be reached with an artist, label, or content provider, or ownership of a track, album, video, or podcast may change hands such that it’s removed from Spotify.

Thousands of minutes of content are being added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find something you’re looking for now, it may appear (or reappear) soon!

We hope this clears things up and we'll be here if you need further assistance. 

Suggested posts