linux error: Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can.

Solved!
Highlighted

linux error: Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can.

tomadam
Regular

Hi everyone, i have the issue of: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

I know that there is other forum for the same topic, but i didn't find nothing for the linux user.

I use desktop linux version form my manjaro linux pc, an arch based linux.

When I try to play one song from my local file the error appear.

I already try to clean the cache but nothing change.

there is someone whit the same problem? some solution?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: linux error: Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can.

tomadam
Regular

I waste 3 hours but I find the solution, I resolve by replacing the ffmpeg-compat-54 with ffmpeg-compat-57, and now it work.

if you don't have ffmpeg-compat-57 installed you need to install, i installed from the aur repository.

I hope that this is helpful for everyone.

7 Replies
Solution!

Re: linux error: Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can.

tomadam
Regular

I waste 3 hours but I find the solution, I resolve by replacing the ffmpeg-compat-54 with ffmpeg-compat-57, and now it work.

if you don't have ffmpeg-compat-57 installed you need to install, i installed from the aur repository.

I hope that this is helpful for everyone.

Krishna3

Hey there ! I'm new to Ubuntu and I couldn't get how to install ffmpeg-compat-57.Can someone help me /mention where can I find a guide ? Thank you

tomadam
Regular

I dont't know if this solution work for ubuntu eather.

Probably ffmpeg-compat-57 is not disponible for ubuntu repository, I have instaalled from the AUR repository.

duh374

sudo apt install ffmpeg

worked like a charm for me.

cHDMmFRE
Casual Listener

It works for Arch too. Perhaps obviously. Thanks a lot.

pablopernot
Visitor

Not working for me.

Can't access alsa.conf

ALSA lib conf.c:3750:(snd_config_update_r) Cannot access file /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
ALSA lib pcm.c:2266:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default

I changed the rights, doesn't work

Ubuntu 19.04

ffmpeg libavutil etc. well installed.

Just try the snap "candidate" doesn't work either

JstAPrsn

On Ubuntu 18.04, sometimes pulseaudio gets a little broken with my laptop hibernating. `pulseaudio --kill && pulseaudio --start` followed by restarting spotify fixed the problem for me.

SUGGESTED POSTS