Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

linux error: Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can.

Solved!

linux error: Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can.

Hi everyone, i have the issue of: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

I know that there is other forum for the same topic, but i didn't find nothing for the linux user.

I use desktop linux version form my manjaro linux pc, an arch based linux.

When I try to play one song from my local file the error appear.

I already try to clean the cache but nothing change.

there is someone whit the same problem? some solution?

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I waste 3 hours but I find the solution, I resolve by replacing the ffmpeg-compat-54 with ffmpeg-compat-57, and now it work.

if you don't have ffmpeg-compat-57 installed you need to install, i installed from the aur repository.

I hope that this is helpful for everyone.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

I waste 3 hours but I find the solution, I resolve by replacing the ffmpeg-compat-54 with ffmpeg-compat-57, and now it work.

if you don't have ffmpeg-compat-57 installed you need to install, i installed from the aur repository.

I hope that this is helpful for everyone.

Hey there ! I'm new to Ubuntu and I couldn't get how to install ffmpeg-compat-57.Can someone help me /mention where can I find a guide ? Thank you

I dont't know if this solution work for ubuntu eather.

Probably ffmpeg-compat-57 is not disponible for ubuntu repository, I have instaalled from the AUR repository.

sudo apt install ffmpeg

worked like a charm for me.

It works for Arch too. Perhaps obviously. Thanks a lot.

Not working for me.

Can't access alsa.conf

ALSA lib conf.c:3750:(snd_config_update_r) Cannot access file /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
ALSA lib pcm.c:2266:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default

I changed the rights, doesn't work

Ubuntu 19.04

ffmpeg libavutil etc. well installed.

Just try the snap "candidate" doesn't work either

On Ubuntu 18.04, sometimes pulseaudio gets a little broken with my laptop hibernating. `pulseaudio --kill && pulseaudio --start` followed by restarting spotify fixed the problem for me.

How did you install it?
I've visited the page https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ffmpeg-compat-57/ but it doesn't show how to install it.
I've also tried

sudo apt install ffmpeg-compat-57

and

sudo apt-get install ffmpeg-compat-57

But get
E: Unable to locate package ffmpeg-compat-57

Ubuntu doesn't have the package "ffmpeg-compat-57". That package is for Arch Linux users.

You can try installing the individual version 57 libraries available on ubuntu. As in libavcodec57, libavformat57, etc. The full list is on that aur link.

I recently faced the same issue on Debian 11. Spotify suddenly stopped working on Snap app.

Removed snap's and switched to Flatpak's.

Solved using:

https://flathub.org/apps/details/com.spotify.Client 

sudo apt install flatpak

sudo flatpak install com.spotify.Client.flatpakref

Suggested posts