A firewall may be blocking Spotify (Again!)

Solved!
Highlighted

A firewall may be blocking Spotify (Again!)

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

iMac

Operating System

OSX Catalina

My Question or Issue

I know this issue has been discussed in several other threads, but I have not found a solution using any of the previous recommendations.

I recently did a clean factory re-install of OSX and re-installed Spotify. Now when logging in I get the "A firewall may be blocking Spotify" error message with error code auth16.

I have tried all the proposed solutions on the Spotify forums, I have re-installed Spotify and re-started the computer but to no avail. Firewall is off, and I am not using a proxy. I am on Spotify Premium.

Would appreciate any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: A firewall may be blocking Spotify (Again!)

Casual Listener

Solved! 

Cancelled Spotify subscription and signed up to Tidal, which is working perfectly!

And they have an online customer service for when things go wrong.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Just to update on this: I am able to use the Spotify app if I use a VPN. With the VPN connected it works fine, but without the VPN it doesn't work (it shows Spotify is offline). This is not a good solution though, as I don't want or need to have a VPN connected at all times.

So it seems to be something location related (although I am in the same location as my account settings).

It's unfortunate that Spotify does not have any customer service / support for its paying customers, to get help with these kinds of issues. It seems like this is a common problem but no solutions out there.

Highlighted

Gig Goer

I have the same problem with auth:16 but at this point Spotify has said F#46 You to us. Still no help!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Seems like this is a fairly common problem, and no help from Spotify...

Think I'll just cancel my subscription and give Tidal a try... 

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

Solved! 

Cancelled Spotify subscription and signed up to Tidal, which is working perfectly!

And they have an online customer service for when things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Gig Goer

Downloading now.

SUGGESTED POSTS