Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums and tracks disabling, then no-longer findable on Spotify (coming up as "no results found")

Solved!

Albums and tracks disabling, then no-longer findable on Spotify (coming up as "no results found")

Hi. An album I had saved has now disappeared. It started some weeks ago when the tracks on the iPhone version were diabled (greyed out) and wouldn't play. Then this spread to some views (but all) of the album on the MacBook version. The a track was disabled in even the view that was working. I thought unsaving it and saving it again would clear things up. But when I unsaved it, I then couln't find it when I searched for it - either as an album, or as individual tracks. The album was "Rediscovering Spain: Fantasias, deferencias & glosas".

Now this problem has spread to another track, and other album: "Music for Emperor Charles V" by Capella del la Torre.

Hope you can help!

Many thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

Greyed out songs means that it is no longer playable because the artist removed it.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.
Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

Greyed out songs means that it is no longer playable because the artist removed it.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.
Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i am trying to get tracks from my account using API but it is displaying no tracks found although there are lot of tracks saved in my library. Why it's happening?

Suggested posts