Premium

Country

Device

MacBook Pro Early 2013

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have noticed this error happening when I attempt to start a radio based on an artist, track or album. The desktop app will load for about 30 seconds before giving me a "Couldn't find that playlist, search for something else?" error.

I have already followed your instructions for a "clean install" of the application and the error persists. This does not affect every radio however, some artist, track and album radios work just fine. I don't know if this is related, but I am having a similar issue on my iPhone as well (see here).

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 9.14.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 9.59.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 10.00.22 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ryandub9,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Sometimes such error can come up when the algorithm hasn't gathered enough data for that particular artist. We appreciate your report and will take it into account while moving forward. In the meantime as a workaround you can check out similar artist in the Fans also like section of the artist page, add tracks to a playlist and try generating a radio from there.

Hope this helps. The Community is here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi there, @ryandub9!

I came from this thread about a similar issue.

I made some tests on my end here and I can see the same errors when I try to go to the Artist radio, however, I was giving a look at this Artist content and I can't see any playlist radio available on the artist's page, that's why you can't go to the playlist radio.

That's may not be the case, but sometimes availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders. You can read more about it here.

Hope this was helpful and informative.

Cheers!

MateusMSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey @ryandub9,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Sometimes such error can come up when the algorithm hasn't gathered enough data for that particular artist. We appreciate your report and will take it into account while moving forward. In the meantime as a workaround you can check out similar artist in the Fans also like section of the artist page, add tracks to a playlist and try generating a radio from there.

Hope this helps. The Community is here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts