Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot open Spotify.com on any browser on Mac

Cannot open Spotify.com on any browser on Mac

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I've spent hours searching and trying to figure out a solution on why I cannot open "spotify.com" on any browser on my Mac. Other computers on the network access the site fine. I have looked at security setting, firewall, even followed a few instructions on a clean re-install but nothing works. I have cleared all cache, cleaned anything associated to previous app installs but no lock. https://open.spotify.com/ works fine and opens however, spotify.com where I can download the app, results in the message "server not found" on my browsers.  Any support would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

5 Replies

Hey there @Ershad5

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if you're using a VPN? If so, we suggest that you turn it off to see if that makes any difference. 

On another note, would you mind letting us know if the issue persists in case you try again in an incognito window?

If those steps don't do the trick, could you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting? Make sure not to send any private info. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Eni and thanks for the reply. I don't use a VPN. The same issue occurs in incognito mode (screenshot below).

image.png

Hey @Ershad5,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

This sounds like there's something in the Mac's network configuration that is blocking that specific site. Make sure that there aren't any blockers in your browsers settings for that site.

You can also try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for a couple of minutes. In case the issue persists, try using a different connection like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Thanks. As per original post, I have disabled firewall, deleted all cookies
and history. I can not find any references to Spotify.com anywhere I can
think of where the site can be blocked. I have the same issue using chrome,
Firefox and safari.

Other computers on the same wifi network can access that site, this macbook
is the only computer with this issue. I just connected my cell as the
hotspot and reset the WiFi with no success.

Hey @Ershad5,

Thanks for your reply.

If this only happens on that computer regardless of the connection you use, we can confirm that it's isolated to the device and we can't know for sure what might be causing it. We suggest reaching out to your Internet Service Provider or device manufacturer for further info about what may be the cause of this.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts