Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Block Joe Rogan Podcast

Block Joe Rogan Podcast

I've already voted for the idea to allow a disable toggle for podcasts so I stop getting them inserted into recommended playlists, but how do I block a specific podcast?

The home screen of the Mac Desktop app has become a continuous advertisement for the Joe Rogan podcast, which I do not want to see nor want any chance to accidentally click on. How do I get this trash off of my home page? I'm already not thrilled with some of the podcast hosts Spotify advertises and seriously considering cancelling my subscription entirely, and forcing me to look at this stuff every time I open the app is just abother reason to get away from the whole platform.

You don't shove a whole row of music I don't like at the top of my home screen, why am I seeing a whole row dedicated to Rogan before any of my own actual preferred content?

174 Replies

To confirm, this is a feature that has been requested for *subscribed* accounts since at least 2019, that has good community support, and yet nothing has been done to address it throughout the course of other UX changes?

What am I missing here?

Agreed!

Just let us block Joe Rogan. He's an **bleep** and I don't want to see his stupid face. You don't need to kick the jackass off the platform, just let us block him.

i came to say the same thing.. no button to say im not interested in seeing this every time? i am now stuck with this forever? not cool Spotify!

I will not be renewing my Spotify subscription as well, based on the "experience" of seeing Joe Rogan's stupid face every time I want to listen to music.

Biggest joke here is the Moderators saying this is a "live idea." Let's be real, Spotify. You paid that POS Joe Rogan so much money that you have to shove it down your users' gullets to justify your bad investment. Let me take that misogynistic clown off my home page NOW or I'm done. I hope a large percentage of other users also leave you in the dust if you keep this up. Clearly your current strategy of ignoring your customers isn't working seeing as your company continues to lose money.

Have the whole family on Spotify for YEARS and we're pulling the plug because of Joe Rogan being shoved down our throats. 

Completely sick to push that **bleep**'s show and his horrible guests. 

For the love of god, yes.
I have no interest in podcast. I definitely don't in someone that just gives a platform for misinformation.

In general, the biggest issue with Spotify is the inability to say "I never want to see this" on many platforms. But putting their hundred million dollar dingbat in front of me on the webplayer (which I need to use on my work laptop) is just tiring.

**bleep** **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** **bleep**

I can't accept that I pay for this service to see controversial content that I disagree with shoved down my throat with no option for it to be at least hidden. Looks like Spotify is actively contributing to and profiting from the dumbing down of our society. 

The part where they don't give a **bleep**.

Spotify pays pennies to the musicians I listen to, but 100 million to Joe Rogan ... and then suddenly a bump in subscription cost. That's weak AF. I bought a premium subscription literally the first day it was available in the US. I've loved Spotify since day 1. But Joe Rogan and his boohoo-nobody-loves-white-guys-anymore act is dead-ass tired. I spend hours a day on Spotify, but I'm actively hunting for an alternative. 

Just registering my +1 on this idea. If there's a perpetual need for the world population to deal with recurring COVID-19 in the future, Joe Rogan will be at least a small part of the reason why.

Also registering a +1. Joe Rogan is awful on multiple dimensions. If someone else wants to listen to him, that's fine by me, but stop pushing him in my face. It wasn't my mistake to pay him $100,000,000. It was Spotify's. Own it and stop feeding his "content" to me. There was a time when I loved Spotify, especially because they were an alternative to Apple, but now Apple is actually looking pretty good. At least with them, all I get pushed is bad U2 albums once a decade or so.

Firmly agree. The top featured item on the desktop *music app* is "Best of the Joe Rogan Experience." There's no hide option, and now I'm on a path away from Spotify as my music service.

I just lost a whole post I wrote because of this bug ridden website. I am having to fill out the captcha for the third time to post. I lost my original post because after the login screen I got Exception ID: 37FF74E2

You continuously make it hard to submit feedback and get support, with an incredibly convoluted support system

You shove things down our throats under the guise of app functionality, but Waze wasn't functionality, this isn't just "suggested content", when something persistently pops up and a third party directly profits from it (Waze gaining users, Joe Rogan gaining listeners)

Your app experiences frequent bugs and UX issues

You basically ignore users with hand waiving, like in this thread

People only use Spotify because they don't want to use Apple or Google products

And I just filled out the 5th captcha trying to just submit a post, seriously?

How do I block all Joe Rogan from spotify? I'll never listen to it and I'm sick of seeing it in my recommendations and taking up my home screens. 

Some of us DO want to listen to podcasts on your platform. Vote to block all podcasts or accept Joe Rogan telling everyone that vaccines are dangerous and causing mutations on my home screen and in my suggestions is a garbage compromise. Surely you clever folks at Spotify who can manage to figure out which music people might like vs things they're not into can figure out which of us are interested in right-wing conspiracy theory and which of us just like to fold laundry and jog to crime shows. 

I agree, Getting this pop up is only getting more annoying and making me start to consider if there are other services. I don't need to listen to his trash and cant understand why spotifuggle even wasted money on him.

The only conclusion I can come to is that Spotify's position, as a company, is anti-vaccine. What other conclusion can I possibly make given that there's no way, even as a paying member, to block Rogan's show. 
I'm not supporting some that sort of company. I've been paying for six years but I believe I am about done. 

Suggested posts