Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't hide "Recently played artists"

Solved!

Can't hide "Recently played artists"

I unchecked the "show the top artists I've been listening to" option because they're not even close to accurate, but I can still see them in my profile. I checked it from my roommates account and he can see it too.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @blackone45!

Have you tried going here and making sure the "Show the top artists i've been listening to" is not a green check?

It looks like this when it is disabled:

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 12.00.20 pm.png

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @blackone45!

Have you tried going here and making sure the "Show the top artists i've been listening to" is not a green check?

It looks like this when it is disabled:

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 12.00.20 pm.png

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Doing it with the web player seems to have worked, thank you!

Can't find that checking box, searched all over. I have safari and mac, does that make a difference?

I tried this and it did not work for me 😞
Can someone help me out? I contacted spotify about it and I haven't heard back.

That option is not listed under my preferences on my windows pc, iphone or ipad! Has Spotify eliminated this option completely?

@Musiclover1231 wrote:
That option is not listed under my preferences on my windows pc, iphone or ipad! Has Spotify eliminated this option completely?

I would just be happy if my "recently played artists" actually updated once in a while. I digress.. like you, I also searched for this option on my windows desktop version and also found no such option. Spotify removed it from that version I'm assuming?

Apparently you can't right now.. I received an email from spotify:

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 11.01.25 AM.png

Yeah, the check mark for this option is only in the web player but has vanished from everything else. I guess Spotify doesn't want user to hide this. Don't know why. It sucks for me because I'd like for my public profile to represent one specific gerene but I listen to a bunch of other stuff that results in conflicting themes on my profile because of the recently played artist thing that doesn't appear to update.

I just came across this thread as I noticed my profile displays recently played artists - although I've tried my hardest to make my profile private. I've also unchecked  that box saying "show top artists I've been listening to" on my web browser but it doesn't seem to do anything (I cannot find a similar option on my iPhone or Mac app. I really am not into sharing what I'm listening to at all.  Can you please advise how I can get to my profile to stop showing this (by the way random) list asap? If this basic feature is not an option, I willl have to cancel my premium account.

Don't bother, anja22, I'm premium and don't have that option either. They might bring it back if there is enough pressure from the community though, I guess

How do I do this on iOS 

This doesn't work. I've had that clicked for years now, still there....! 

As with everything that you fixed/updated with spotify, "you can't at this point" 

So annoying!! 

Try using play.spotify.com, the web player. On the most recent version using Chrome, the option is there. I actually don't know how old this post is, so I may or may not help.

The solution doesn't work.

**bleep** spotify 

Would love to be able to hide this. Unfortunately, the inability to hide 'recently played artists' is yet another feature Spotify has revoked.

Still not fixed, lame.

I find that too. What I had to find out for myself is that, you need to go onto the artist's actual page and listen to that, like afew things for a bit and it will appear and replace the ones you don't want to be displayed. Just pick four that you want to be displayed and do that on their profiles.

I have done this but it is still showing my recently played artists. What should i do?

Suggested posts