Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login - error code Accesspoint:32

Solved!

Can't login - error code Accesspoint:32

Hi, I can't seem to be able to login to my account in the Spotify app on my Mac (works everywhere else, even in the browser of the Mac etc...). I've restarted the computer, I've done a clean re-install of the Spotify app. The firewall is disabled and I've selected No Proxy in the login. Not sure what else I can do, happy to try any suggestions.

It tells me that "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally you could try changing the currecntly used proxy settings (Error code: accesspoint:32)

Thanks

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

Macbook Pro 2020 (Apple chip)

Operating System

macOS Big Sur

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for the reply. 

My OS is 11.5.2. and not using a VPN. I downloaded the "current" version of Spotify as well, rather than the 10.10, 10.9 or 10.7-8. Versions. The country is set correctly, I'm in the Czech Republic and it's set as such. 

However, I just tested it on a different wifi and it worked, so there seems to be a firewall on the wifi I was connected to. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @farsteppa_1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We see that you did a fair amount of troubleshooting already which is great! However, we would need a bit more info, so we can advise you better. 

Could you share with us the exact version of the desktop app you have currently installed on your Mac? Make sure you always have the latest version on. Also are you using a VPN by any chance? If yes, then this might be what is actually causing the trouble with accessing your account.

Also you can check on your account page, if your Country or region settings are set correctly.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Thanks for the reply. 

My OS is 11.5.2. and not using a VPN. I downloaded the "current" version of Spotify as well, rather than the 10.10, 10.9 or 10.7-8. Versions. The country is set correctly, I'm in the Czech Republic and it's set as such. 

However, I just tested it on a different wifi and it worked, so there seems to be a firewall on the wifi I was connected to. 

Hey @farsteppa_1,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We are happy to hear the issue has now been resolved. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts