Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't open Spotify, it keeps crashing, and no one at Spotify has responded to help. Awesome!

Solved!

Can't open Spotify, it keeps crashing, and no one at Spotify has responded to help. Awesome!

For about a month now, I havent been able to open my Spotify. I click the icon on the dock, and it bounces as if it was going to open, and before it does, I get a message saying "The application Spotify quit unexpectedly. Mac OS X and other applications are not affected. Click Relaunch to launch the application again. Click Report to see more details or to send a report to Apple." With "Ignore" "Report..." and "Relaunch" as the options...
I have tried each option multiple times now. I have sent the Contact Form twice. I have looked throught the "Community" pages for similar problems, and have found solutions, including a "clean reinstall" and looked for files to delete, but found they already don't exist. I have even tweeted to @SpotifyStatus.
I have had zero response from anyone from Spotify, and what I am seeing after browsing through the "Community" pages, is that Spotify has terrible customer service. Why no telephone number if Spotify doesnt reply to the Contact Form?
Please just help me get back into my Spotify before I have to uninstall it (again) and resort to listening to Pandora.

26 Replies

Spotify (Premium) would freeze/not respond.  Tried installing older version and it worked for a while, then it began to freeze.  Tried uninstalling and installing new version.  Now neither old or new versions will open and I get a message saying that it crashed and will send a report of it..  Any ideas?  That there is no one to talk to is must frustrating espically at $10 a month service charge.

@pbgarland wrote:

Spotify (Premium) would freeze/not respond.  Tried installing older version and it worked for a while, then it began to freeze.  Tried uninstalling and installing new version.  Now neither old or new versions will open and I get a message saying that it crashed and will send a report of it..  Any ideas?  That there is no one to talk to is must frustrating espically at $10 a month service charge.

Hey 🙂 

What operating system are you using? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Not sure why you marked this as solved.  I've did all the steps provided in the solution a few months ago... I've been using Spotify successfully after that up until now.  Today it started crashing, I've re-installed older version, rebooted, changed sig files, made sure everything is locked all over again... and still crashing.  When I click the Spotify icon to open it, it acts like it's going to load, Spotify comes up on my screen acting like it's trying to load the "what's new" section, then it crashes, and this loops continusously... never getting into my library, files or anything else.

The developers at Spotify are tossers.  I've been nice for a long time about their application and it's performance sucking, but they could give a crap less to help anybody!!!  Why am I pissed you ask?  Because I made Spotify my sole music source and I have ignored all my other services for the last year...  this crash puts me so far back I have no clue what I'm missing!

Get your **bleep** together Spotify!!!

Peter:  pbgarland is using windows 7.  Spotify responded to me and instructed me to do a full uninstall and install, I did this once again and did not work.  Spotify opened and did not respond.  Using task manager I was able to end task.  During this unresponsive state my cpu usage was 100%.  When the task was ended the usage went down below 15%.  BTW, I appreciate the help; thank you.  paul

Well I have 10.8.5 on a 2012 Macbook Pro and it quits unexpectedly.  So do a little more than talk about 10.5.x

I have Mac OS X 10.6.8 and having the same problem. Nothing is working....I love Spotify. Hope they fix this so I don't have to hate them. 

Hello,

try to turn off your airport and then open spotify and disconnect from facebook.

Then turn airport back on and it should solve the problem

Suggested posts