Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see the Devices menu anywhere

Solved!

Can't see the Devices menu anywhere

I'm on Premium, I'm trying to sync my local files on desktop Spotify to my iPhone; I'm reading the instructions, and I can't see where I "pair" my iPhone to Spotify. It seems I should be seeing a "Devices" menu which doesn't appear on my Spotify ?? 

Screenshot 2015-05-10 15.52.58.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there and welcome to the community

In the latest version there is no specific settings for devices.

But if your different devices are all connected on the same network, if you click on the icon speaker in the desktop (in front of the volume bar) your devices available should appear in a pop-up.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

ok I've sort of worked it out, it's all a little more automated than it used to be, too easy to be true really but I wish they'd update their instructions. 

As soon as you mark the playlist that has the locally saved songs to be available offline, the songs play on the device that Spotify automatically detects. You no longer have to nominate or authorise the device.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there and welcome to the community

In the latest version there is no specific settings for devices.

But if your different devices are all connected on the same network, if you click on the icon speaker in the desktop (in front of the volume bar) your devices available should appear in a pop-up.

SoundofusSpotify Star

@Soundofus wrote:

I don't see any way to sync offline playlists on the device, though. Am I missing anything?

Marked as solution

ok I've sort of worked it out, it's all a little more automated than it used to be, too easy to be true really but I wish they'd update their instructions. 

As soon as you mark the playlist that has the locally saved songs to be available offline, the songs play on the device that Spotify automatically detects. You no longer have to nominate or authorise the device.

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own (not just the built in local files playlist) so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda wrote:

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

Is there any timeframe for that? Weeks? Months? Years? I REALLY miss it!

--

Henning

Hi There,

I cannot see any icon to find the devices. You say it is in front of the volume section but I cant see it. Can you advise me further? Maybe a screen shot?

I've followed all the steps to sync my local music into my iPhone 6, they're all connected on the same wifi, playlists available offline in both devices, nevertheless when I try to play the song on my iPhone, It tells me that the song is not synced... Any fix for that?

Did you ever figure this out?? I also have no connect icon. No devices come up and it is driving me batty. Any ideas?

The desktop app still doesn't have it, but a nice work around that I have is that I open it up on my Android device and can connect it to devices via that instead. Admittedly, I only really use chromecast lol but it's the best that I've come up with to make that work.

Suggested posts