Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Demanding compensation for your faulty service

Solved!

Demanding compensation for your faulty service

Dear Spotify,

Your concept started a big movement in the entertainment industry. Your concept was user centred, you gave the people what they wanted all this time! But since you've become the marketleader your arrogance started to take over.

This new Spotify version is everything except user centered! You've thrown your strength straight in the garbage disposal.

And thats exactly the same what your doing with your faithful paying customer. In case you forgot, we are paying for a service. Paying for something means you got to deliver a proper working service to your costumer (Thats how it works in modern society).

The problems i am experiencing (and lots of other subscribers) are the following:

• Notifications won't always load
  • Opening big playlists take ages to load
  • You have changed the user experience in a dramatic and unusable state. (Removing previously used functions, and placing functions in different and unthought places.)
  • Crashes and freezes
  • Messages not displaying correctly in the inbox

And these are just the problems i am experiencing in particular. You should lookup all the other problems here in your community.

These problems are making it unbearable to use your service in a satisfied way.

Since i am paying for your service i demand a working service which satisfies me.

I have tried several reinstalls, numerous computers and all give the same bad result. This is as much as i (the user) can do.

I will give you some time to reply (1 week) to offer proper compensation (refund of my subscription of the past 2 months, which is the time which i and many other users become unsatisfied with your service and no further payment needed until the service is at the same satisfaction level as the Spotify client prior to the update).

If no reply with compensation is given i will definantly consider taking legal actions (class action is one of the possibilities).

I hope it doesn't have to come this far and you will acknowledge your mistakes.

Greetings,

One of the numerous unsatisfied customers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I completely agree with you Denny, and my solution has been to unsubscribe and uninstall.

After all, there are many other alternatives aiming straight at Spotify and I think some of the competition is doing really well so far and I'm happy for them.

Perhaps most alternatives might be less developed compared to Spotify, for now, but they are moving fast and that's either a wake-up call for Spotify or nothing. Either way, I don't care anymore.

Cheers

A former Spotify customer

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

I completely agree with you Denny, and my solution has been to unsubscribe and uninstall.

After all, there are many other alternatives aiming straight at Spotify and I think some of the competition is doing really well so far and I'm happy for them.

Perhaps most alternatives might be less developed compared to Spotify, for now, but they are moving fast and that's either a wake-up call for Spotify or nothing. Either way, I don't care anymore.

Cheers

A former Spotify customer

What i forgot to mention is that Spotify doesn't give me the option to cancel my subscription with the option to export my playlists and songs. I am pretty much a music fanatic and my playlists are quite large, manually adding these songs into another service is extremely time consuming. You can say that Spotify has actually trapped me and forces me to continue my subscription or else i will lose my enterily delicate collection of music! If Spotify doesn't reply i will also investigate if they are liable for this entrapment. Luckely there are 3rd party solutions available (just came accross http://www.playlist-converter.net/, didn't test it yet though).

Maybe i should care less indeed, i just find it remarkable how a company like this can get so **bleep**ed up.

P.S. Spotify, Spectrum's post isn't a complete solution for me, so don't force that as a solution for me! Thats arrogance again! Provide a real solution Spotify!

Arrogance should be dealt with harsh actions.

Cheers,

Problably a former Spotify customer in the near future

I have the same issue with opening bug playlists, I have a playlist which I have updated almost everyday since Spotify launched. It takes "ages" to load and I hardly use my playlist on PC because of it, it's super fast on my android, but then again, that's an older version, and the filtering works there too...

I know how you feel, and completely agree on all your points, but the whole legal action thing is just making you sound a bit silly to be honest. Have you read the terms and conditions you ticked? Pretty sure a multi million pound company like Spotify would be legally protected against a lawsuit for changing their software, even if they have made a huge mess out of what was once an incredible thing.

As others have said, speak with your wallet. Unsubscribe. Enough of us have - if that is all the people at Spotify understand (since they clearly don't understand the user experience anymore) then that is where you need to hit them.

Suggested posts