Plan

Free

Country

MEX

Device

MacBook Pro 2017

Operating System

Mojave

I'd been using the Desktop App without any inconvenience for +2 years in this mac until last Friday when this error message showed up when I tried to log into my account:

"A Firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally, you could try changing the currently used proxy settings (Error code: 30)"

After reading many possible solutions, I went with the "delete and re-install the app" one. However, for some reason, the app doesn't work anymore (and yes, I've done EVERYTHING recommended on previous posts: downloaded it from the official site, deleting all files from my laptop, starting on safe mode, removing the Hardware Acceleration feature, removing my Firewall, etc etc etc).

Every time the app gets downloaded again, and I open it, it's just a black page and nothing happens (it doesn't "load", the log in page doesn't show up).

I need the Desktop App in order to do my job, so PLEASE someone help me!!!!!! 😞

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 10.27.01 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @drendon,

Thanks for the reply.

The Spotify app creates data files once it loads up a library associated with an account that you've used.

Can you try to remove any entries that contain Spotify from the host files on your device. Just follow the steps described in this Solution. These often cause issues with the Desktop app and the web player.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @drendon

Help’s here!

If you get this error message make sure you first perform a clean reinstall of the app on the affected device. This will remove any corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing the issue. 

In case this persists after the clean reinstall, we recommend taking a look at this article for more info on how to proceed. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Thanks Ivan, I don't know if this has to do with it or not, but right now (apparently) I have the Spotify app on my mac (I can see it in my Applications folder).

When following the steps to do a clean reinstall of it, and look for any cache files... there's nothing. No Spotify data at all (attached image).

Is that normal? Shouldn't I have Spotify data if the app is already installed on my Mac?

Many thanks,

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 8.49.19 AM.png
Marked as solution

Hey there @drendon,

Thanks for the reply.

The Spotify app creates data files once it loads up a library associated with an account that you've used.

Can you try to remove any entries that contain Spotify from the host files on your device. Just follow the steps described in this Solution. These often cause issues with the Desktop app and the web player.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

THANKS A LOT!!!!

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

🤗

Hey @drendon,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We're glad to know it worked for you!

If you need anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts