Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop. MacOS. Spotify didn't load

Solved!

Desktop. MacOS. Spotify didn't load

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro late 2017

Operating System: MacOS Ventura 13.0.1

After launching the app, it didn't load showing the error. See attachment.

image.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @vitaliilatysh

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Additionally, we'd recommend trying with a different internet connection to see if the same happens. 

If the issue persists afterwards, we'd recommend clearing up your hosts file. Head here to find out how.

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @vitaliilatysh

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Additionally, we'd recommend trying with a different internet connection to see if the same happens. 

If the issue persists afterwards, we'd recommend clearing up your hosts file. Head here to find out how.

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello @Eni,

1. clean reinstall - done. Result: the problem is still present

2. clearing up the hosts file - done. Result: the problem is still present

vlatysh_0-1670539037318.png

but the error message actually was changed

By the way, Spotify Web Player works like a charm. The problem is only with the desktop version

Hey there @vitaliilatysh,

Thanks for the post.

Can you make sure that the Spotify app is allowed through any kind of firewall you're running and that you don't have any VPN switched on.

These error messages come up on the Desktop app if there is another service blocking certain networking ports required by the app to sync with the servers.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Alex,

Thank you for the response.  The Desktop app still does not load after starting.

I've found the firewall on my mac machine is off and no VPN set.

Spotify Desktop app version: 1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab

And looks like Spotify-related ports aren't used by any other programs:

vitaliilatysh_0-1673204511910.png

Thanks in advance

Hey @vitaliilatysh,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Just to confirm, is this happening over WiFi? Ethernet? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? You can create, if possible, a hotspot from a mobile phone. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

On another note, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hi AlejaR,

The problem happened over WiFi, and mobile hotspot too. Cannot actually try with Ethernet, cause do not have the adapter for my Mac. I've tried with one version of macOS - the current latest Ventura 13.0.1

After clean reinstall the Desktop app finally loaded. The problem with why clean install didn't work, is that I've mismatched/Library with /System/Library. Thanks!

Hey @vitaliilatysh,

Thanks for your reply.

We really appreciate you keeping us posted about this inconvenience and we're happy to know that is now fixed. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need us again.

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts